RULES/TERMS OF PARTICIPATION
1. To participate in "Thank You For The Music" you must
be in the age of 7-19 years (Born 1997-2009)
2. All participants of "Thank You For The Music" will be chosen
after applying, or by receiving a Special Invitation.
3. You can apply as soloist or as a duo.
4. Applying does not cost anything.
5. All applications shall be made in accordance with the information
in the "Application
" menu at the top of of this page.
6. Clicking "I agree with the terms", in the application form is the
same as signing a document where you agree with all the rules,
terms and conditions of "Thank You For The Music".
7. Last day to apply is May 29 - 2016. 8
. All applications will be viewed and handled by a jury/committee.
Not later than May 31- 2016, we will contact the singers chosen
by the jury/committee on e-mail.
* Please note that the participants will not be chosen by
country or gender. Only the artistic and musical talent is
* A total of 40 singers will be accepted as participants: (A duo is here looked upon as one singer)
9. Please know and understand that the applications jury/committees
decisions on who will be accepted as participants
in the festival are final and to be respected.
We will not accept or engage in any discussions on
why somebody was not chosen.
10. If you have received a Special Invitation from the organizers,
you follow the instructions given on that document. * Recieving a Special Invitation document means you are already accepted as
* The organizers reserve the right to give participant with Special Invitation
reduced prices or be free of charge.
11. The organizers also reserve the right to hand out other types of Invitation
* If you have received an Invitation from the organizers, you follow the
instructions given of that document. (Please know and understand they are
not the same as Special Invitation)
TRANSFER, ACCOMMODATION & PARTICIPATION FEE
12. The participation fee is 50 Euro/contestant, and shall be paid
in accordance with the instructions you will receive on e-mail,
if you are chosen as participant.
* The participation fee can not be refunded after payment
13. All travel costs, hotel, insurance, excursions and meals are covered
by the participants themselves.
* For detalied information about the total cost for the festival days, go
to "The festival" menu and choose "Costs & Fees"
14. Hotel City is the official hotel for the festival. You book and
pay in accordance with the information you will receive on e-mail
if you are chosen as participant.
15. If you must cancel your hotel booking (and the included meals), this must be
done no later than on July 18, or no refund will bepossible.
16. All participants must be in Gävle at the given time, you will
receive from the organizers. DO NOT book any flight, transfer or hotel until
you know that you have received confirmation on your
e-mail that you have been chosen as participant.
CONCERTS & COMPETITION
17. The singers who have been chosen to participate in
“Thank you for the music” prepare for three performances. (You will need two songs for the festival)
a) The Welcome Concert
, that will be an outdoor event on the big
square of Gävle. For this show you chose any song you want. (This performance will have no possibility for rehearsal)
b) The Competition, that will be arranged as an event for school kids
in your own age at the big Concert Hall of Gävle. Your song is
free of choice but keep in mind the audience is young and probably
prefer well-known modern pop songs.
c) The Gala Concert, that will be held on the last night in the big
Concert Hall. The winners of each category will sing, as well as
other contestants that have been awarded.
* Please note that on the Gala Show the festival producers will
decide the choice of songs
* We are also working on the possibility of more stage
performances for the participants.
Since we do not yet know details, it is
important that everyone knows and understands that we can not
guarantee that every contestant get to sing equally much on
those possible "Bonus performances".
18. The participants of ”THANK YOU FOR THE MUSIC”
will compete in four age groups. The year of birth
determines the age group the contestant will compete in.
Group 1: 7 - 10 years (born 2009, 2008, 2007 and 2006)
Group 2: 11 - 12 years (born 2005 and 2004)
Group 3: 13 - 15 years (born 2003, 2002 and 2001)
Group 4: 16 - 18 years (born 2000, 1999, 1998 and 1997)
19. A professional jury will award one winner, one second place and
one third place in each age group. The criterias and more
detailed information about the jury, you will find in the
" section in "The festival" menu at the top of this page.
There will also be a Grand Prix award.
20. The awards/prices will be trofees, medals and diplomas.
21. No coaches or any other closely related to the participants, are
allowed in the jury.
22. Please note that on all the concerts in the Concert Hall,
the audience will be seated before the festival delegations.
This means you most likely will not be able to sit in the front rows.
It will be the Concert Hall Staff that decides where delegations are
to be seated.
23. Please also note that during the Concerts, only the contestants and
the festival crew are allowed backstage.
SONGS & STAGE PERFORMANCE
24. All songs will be performed LIVE with backingtrack.
Backing vocals of all kinds are allowed on the backing track,
except for the lead vocal.
(Harmonies that dub the lead vocal on parts like the chorus are
25. Every backing track must be a wav-file of perfect sound quality,
and shall be sent to us according to the information you will be
receiving on e-mail if you are chosen as participant.
26. The songs cannot be any longer than 4 minutes.
27. The running order for all performances will be communicated
on the official information meeting.
28. Two participants cannot use the same song
during the festival. The first one choosing a particular song, will be
the one who gets to sing it.
29. The festival reserve the right of public transmission of the
performances, as well as recording and publishing of
video, photo and audio materials during the entire festival.
30. Each contestant/official accompany person takes full
responsibility of permissions, using copyright material.
31. The organizers of the festival reserves the right to
change inappropriate songs, lyrics, stage manners or costumes.
THE SPIRIT OF THE FESTIVAL
32. The most important rule of "Thank you for the music" is the spirit
of the festival.
* It is very important that everyone keep a kind, respectful and
friendly tone towards each other.
* Also please have an open, patient and generous mind when it
comes to the choice of who sings on The Gala Show, jury´s
decisions in the competition and problems that might
occur, such as delays, technical problems and such.
* Please know and understand we will not tolerate or handle any
claims and discussions about why a certain participant
didn´t place higher or didn´t get to sing as much as someone
else on the Gala Show or on any "Bonus-performance".
Should any delegate not respect this, the organizers
reserves the right to make a decision of non-refunded exclusion
from the festival.
OFFICIAL ACCOMPANY PERSON
33. In the application form, an official
ACCOMPANY PERSON must be chosen for each contestant.
This has to be someone over the age of 18 years, preferably
a parent or a coach.
34. THE OFFICAL ACCOMPANY PERSONS RESPONSIBILITIES ARE:
- - To sign the document where you agree with the festival rules.
This is done by clicking ”I agree with the terms/rules of the festival”
in the application form.
- - To carefully read all information and rules regarding the festival
- - To keep updated on any changes
- - To book flight to Arlanda Airport
- - To book transfer from Arlanda Airport to Gävle, and to let us know if you
choose to use the festivals official transfer
- - To make sure the participant is present when the festival starts
in the early day of Wednesday August 31.
- - To book the hotel in accordance with the information you will recieve if
your singer is chosen as participant.
- - To make sure everyone in your delegation follow and respect all the rules,
terms and conditions of the festival
OTHER IMPORTANT NOTICES
35. The organizers reserves the right to make any changes in schedule,
concert forms, age groups and change number of participants if it benefits the